Sunday, April 05, 2009

ammanomatopoeia

Yesterday I returned from Amman, Jordan where I was working on a project for the past few weeks. I absolutely loved it there; the people were so hospitable and I was very impressed with the level of expertise everyone I worked with had. We had one day off so our group went to Petra. Petra is a city built over 2000 years ago, carved into the cliffs, amazingly well preserved. We had quite a hike to get to the monastery at the top, but it was well worth it. I posted some pictures over on Flickr from the trip to Petra, but there are lots more coming from the rest of my time in Amman.

I have good stories about crazy Jordanian drivers, bathroom traumas, dust storms, and hubbly bubbly cafes - but first I have to get caught up on schoolwork and errands.

It's good to be home!

Labels:


Comments:
Hey Caitlin, Glad to hear you had a good time and I can't wait to hear about it. I'm all over the place the next couple of weeks but when we both have time with the weather shaping up we should do some more geocaching or go bike riding. Glad you made it home safely. Talk to you soon.

Rachel

PS I've decided I need to make bean bag toss for my backyard, could possibly use some assistance with sewing the bean bags if you don't mind lending your expertise :D
 
Awesome. Is that the place they shot Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade?
 
Yeah, exactly the place!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]