Monday, December 29, 2008

ready for winter

Back to Virginia and back to work. As long as I have a job and some leftover Christmas coffee for the cold, dark mornings, I am happy. The Christmas blend is on sale at Starbucks now for 40% off. If there were a Hanukkah blend, I would be all over that too.

I have a month-long break from classes and have some free time, so I started another project from Purl Bee - this time it's a
scarf with a pretty lace pattern. I think this is a good thing to work on while watching non-stop football games this time of year. You can see the pattern much better in the pictures on the link (I think I need a new camera), but here is a picture of my half-finished scarf. Although the pattern says to use 61 stitches, I only have 41. The reason is I used larger gauge needles, and I wanted my scarf to be thinner than the pattern (I hate fat scarves). I used a recycled worsted weight yarn - if you can believe it, my scarf is made of 1.2 post-consumer plastic bottles!


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]