Tuesday, August 12, 2008
bok to usual
In contrast to Sunday's time-consuming eggplant Parmesan, I was back to my usual routine with Monday night's 10-minute weeknight meal - sautéed baby bok choy with garlic and a teriyaki pork chop.
For the pork chop, I marinated it in teriyaki sauce while I was at the gym; so about an hour and a half. Then I cooked it on the George Foreman grill for 5 minutes.
I picked up a bunch of baby bok choy at the farmer's market last weekend. I had never cooked with it before so I looked up a simple technique online. I heated a tablespoon of oil on the stove, and sautéed one clove of garlic, minced. While that was cooking, I washed and chopped the bok choy leaves and stalks and tossed it in the pan. It was all ready in about 3 minutes. The bok choy did cook down significantly, so next time I will get two bunches per person.
Later, while watching the Olympics, I snacked on a piece of zucchini loaf. This time I made it with whole wheat flour all the way, instead of my usual half wheat/half white combo. This resulted in a delicious dark and filling bread, but the zucchini keeps it moist. I am going to make it this way from now on!
I picked up a bunch of baby bok choy at the farmer's market last weekend. I had never cooked with it before so I looked up a simple technique online. I heated a tablespoon of oil on the stove, and sautéed one clove of garlic, minced. While that was cooking, I washed and chopped the bok choy leaves and stalks and tossed it in the pan. It was all ready in about 3 minutes. The bok choy did cook down significantly, so next time I will get two bunches per person.
Later, while watching the Olympics, I snacked on a piece of zucchini loaf. This time I made it with whole wheat flour all the way, instead of my usual half wheat/half white combo. This resulted in a delicious dark and filling bread, but the zucchini keeps it moist. I am going to make it this way from now on!
Labels: Recipe
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]