Monday, February 12, 2007

frugal finds

This weekend my aunt and I scoured the thrift stores of northern Virginia to find the final furnishings for my fabulous flat (sorry, that alliteration is out of control).

I now feel like I could star in a Mastercard commercial...

Crockpot - $3.99
Bamboo plate - $1.25
Sofa table - $65
Getting in touch with the interior decorator within - Priceless!

Except my list would be much longer because I also bought a chair, a clock, a tea set, a vacuum, and an iron. Whew! When the shopping was done, my aunt and uncle helped me fix up the sofa table - a couple new screws, a coat of varnish, and it was done!

Here are a couple of pictures from the apartment, featuring some of my new purchases.


Arm chair and tea set (the lamp is not from the thrift store). My wonderful parents got my diploma framed and gave it to me for Christmas. They took that picture of Lee Hall at some point while they were on campus for my graduation - so sneaky!

Sofa table and bamboo plate

Labels:


Comments:
I looooove that chair!
 
I can't wait to come enjoy your furnishings...
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]